Atomos AtomX CAST for Ninja V & Ninja V+
The AtomX CAST takes its name from “broadcast”, and it allows you to switch up to four HDMI video sources and output it to a variety of destinations such as an external monitor, a recorder, a separate switcher, or to a live streaming computer. Applications include corporate, house of worship, event, family, or studio production environments.
The CAST is specially designed to mount onto the back of the Ninja V or V+ monitor, and it provides four HDMI inputs that support a mix of different resolutions up to 1080p60. The monitor can view a single image, Picture-in-Picture, or 4-Up modes, and you can also add logos and graphic overlays. It can send Program, Preview, Picture-in-Picture, and 4-Up displays to the HDMI output. You can select the source for monitor/output using the four source buttons, and you can also select the source using the monitor touchscreen. There are also four programmable function buttons to perform specific shortcuts.
The monitor allows you to preview your broadcast while simultaneously outputting to a recorder, a monitor, a projector, or when using the optional AtomX Connect for live streaming using a computer. It is compatible with most streaming platforms such as Skype, Zoom, Teams, and more using UVC with the included USB Type-C cable. The CAST is powered using the power adapter included with your Ninja V or Ninja V+, and it passes the power on to the monitor through the battery mount.
- Key Features:
- Docking station that mounts onto back of Atomos Ninja V or Ninja V+ monitor
- Switches up to four HDMI inputs to one HDMI output
- Switch progressive and/or interlaced video sources of mixed resolutions and frame rates up to 1080p60
- Overlay logos, lower thirds, graphics
- Can be used with the Atomos Connect module for live streaming with UVC
- View single image, Picture-in-Picture, or 4-Up display on Ninja V/V+ monitor
- Can output mirror, Preview, Program, Picture-in-Picture, or 4-Up via HDMI
- Simultaneously record, stream, and monitor
- Source select buttons or can use the monitor’s touchscreen to select source
Simultaneously recording live events
Corporate events and meetings
Music, awards, and performance events
Weddings and family events